Undergraduate Enrollment

Undergraduate Admission
Special Programs for Advanced Placement and Credit
Placement Examinations
Academic Advising
Readmission to the University
Academic Renewal
Cooperative Programs
Grading System
Retention and Academic Standards
Student Records

Arizona State University shares with other colleges and universities a tradition of service and academic excellence that is hundreds of years old. Its purpose is the exchange of knowledge and the pursuit of wisdom. What makes this university special is its commitment to providing a setting where faculty and students are challenged to exchange ideas and information within an atmosphere of intellectual honesty.

The university offers its students unique opportunities to enjoy both a rich cultural heritage and a diverse student population. Anyone giving evidence of suitable preparation, by way of acceptable academic credentials, is welcome to the university without regard to race, religious creed, or national origin.

Under the constitution and the laws of the State of Arizona, jurisdiction over ASU has been vested in the Arizona Board of Regents. The regents, in turn, grant broad legal authority to the president, the administration, and the faculty to regulate student life within reasonable limits.

Remaining in good standing in the university community is a privilege rather than a right. A student, by enrolling, voluntarily assumes certain obligations of conduct and performance. These expectations in conduct include avoiding irresponsible use of alcohol and the use, possession, distribution, or possession with intent of distribution of illegal drugs. The university enforces its conduct rules through prescribed procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. The university also cooperates fully with law enforcement agencies to enforce all laws relating to alcohol and illegal substances.

The university has a strong interest in its students’ conduct. Students are expected, as part of their obligations of enrollment, to become familiar with the Student Code of Conduct, available at Student Life (SSV B228). Violations of the Student Code of Conduct, whether committed by individuals or groups, are subject to university discipline, as are violations of university regulations with regard to academic dishonesty. The university reserves the right to take necessary and appropriate action to protect the safety and welfare of the campus community. Such action may include taking disciplinary measures under the Student Code of Conduct against students whose behavior off campus involves the sale or distribution of illegal drugs, physical assault, or violence that may present a clear and present danger to the safety of the university or to members of the university community.

Student Services at ASU

Arizona State University is a richly diverse academic setting with more than 49,000 students. The ASU student may be a traditional 18- to 24-year-old, a recent high school graduate, a community college transfer, someone returning to college to pursue a degree, or a professional studying for an advanced degree or career change. The ASU student may live in residence halls, with sororities or fraternities on campus, or in one of the many communities in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Each of the 50 states and more than 100 countries have students enrolled at ASU.

The university is organized into several distinct administrative areas. Student Affairs, one of these areas, is responsible for the delivery of a variety of services and developmental programs in support of students’ university needs and educational pursuits. These programs and services are based upon human development research that advocates that a person develop culturally, emotionally, intellectually, morally, physically, psychologically, socially, and spiritually.

Special attention is given not only to the recruitment of a high-achieving, culturally diverse student body, but to the creation of an energetic campus environment that both catalyzes mature development and advances the academic endeavors of students.

Enrollment services to students begin with recruitment, admissions, student financial assistance, on-campus housing, and registration programs. Student Affairs encourages students to explore the facilities, services, and human resources available. ASU Main agencies guiding students in their educational experience include Career Services, Counseling and Consultation, Educational Development, the Memorial Union, Recreational Sports, Residential Life, Student Development, Student Health, Student Life, and Student Publications. Each of these areas provides specialized learning opportunities that contribute to an environment that fosters both personal and academic growth.


Arizona State University welcomes application for admission from anyone seeking to benefit from the university’s broad spectrum of educational programs and services.

For information and application materials, prospective students may call 602/965–7788 or write

Undergraduate Admissions
Arizona State University
PO Box 870112
Tempe AZ 85287–0112

With reasonable advance notice, Undergraduate Admissions arranges for a tour of ASU Main, a university information session, and, if desired, a meeting with an admissions counselor.

Requests for specific information relating to academic programs or student services should be addressed to the appropriate department, division, school, or college.

Admission Procedures for New Freshman and Transfer Applicants

Individuals interested in admission to an undergraduate program at ASU need to have the following items on file at Undergraduate Admissions:

  1. application for admission, including residency information;
  2. official transcript(s) mailed directly from the institution(s);
  3. American College Test (ACT), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, as needed; and
  4. a $40.00 nonrefundable application fee, required of all applicants applying as nonresidents or residing outside Arizona.

Applicants are urged to apply and to have their materials sent as soon as possible to enable university officials to make an early decision concerning the applicant’s admission and to permit the student to take part in preregistration and orientation. After all necessary items are received, a minimum of four weeks should be allowed for an admission decision to be made.

Early Notification Date. Applicants whose files are complete (all necessary documentation has been received) by November 1 receive notification by December 1. Applicants whose files are complete by December 1 receive notification by January 15.

Application. Prospective students must complete and sign the Application for Undergraduate Admission. A $40.00 nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants applying as nonresidents or residing outside Arizona.

Students who do not register must submit a new application (and application fee for nonresident applicants) if they wish to apply for a subsequent semester. All documents are destroyed one year after the semester for which the student has applied if the student is not registered in a degree program.

Any misrepresentation or falsification on the admission application, including failure to report any college or university attendance, is cause for cancellation of enrollment and any credits earned.

Residency Classification Information. Like other state-supported colleges and universities, ASU distinguishes between resident and nonresident students with regard to tuition. Residents of Arizona are required to provide residency information, which is part of the admission application. Any student who does not provide residency information is classified as a nonresident for tuition purposes. For more information, call the Residency Classification Section at 602/965–7712.

Transcripts. Transcripts must be requested by the applicant. Official transcripts of academic records from high school and a separate transcript from each institution of higher education the student has attended must be mailed directly to Undergraduate Admissions by the records office of the issuing institution(s). Transcripts sent or carried by hand by the applicants themselves or transmitted by facsimile (fax) machine are not accepted. High school transcripts must show GPA, rank in class, and date of graduation. Applicants under the age of 22 must also have official high school records submitted. An English translation of all foreign language transcripts is required.

Entrance Examinations. All new freshman applicants must take either the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) on a national test date in their junior or senior year of high school. Transfer applicants who are under the age of 22 must submit ACT or SAT scores, which are used to complete competency requirements and for course placement.

A report of the test scores should be sent to Undergraduate Admissions directly from

American College Testing Program
PO Box 168
Iowa City IA 52240

or the

College Board Admissions Testing Program
Box 592–R
Princeton NJ 08540

Undergraduate Admissions may investigate any test score that is inconsistent with a student’s academic record or previous scores.

An applicant whose native language is not English is usually required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). See “International Student Admissions.”

Certificate of Admission. After being admitted, students receive a Letter of Admission, a Measles Immunization Verification form, and publications that contain information about orientation programs.

Upon receipt, a student should check their admission information for accuracy and report any errors and changes to Undergraduate Admissions at 602/965–5641.

Immunization Requirements. Every newly admitted student born after December 31, 1956, must provide proof of measles immunity to Student Health. A tuberculin skin test is strongly recommended for students who work in health care or food services or for international students who come from a high-risk environment. Students are not permitted to register until proof of immunity to measles (rubeola) is on file with Student Health.

For more information, call Student Health at 602/965–1358. Students may fax proof of measles immunity to Student Health at 602/965–2269.

The following proof of measles (rubeola) immunity is considered adequate:

  1. record of measles (rubeola) immunization received after January 1, 1980;
  2. record of blood test showing measles (rubeola) immunity; or
  3. proof of diagnosed measles (rubeola) case.


University orientation programs for new students and their parents are provided at numerous times during the year, including the beginning of each semester. Each orientation program includes academic advisement, campus tours, special events, and an introduction to university resources and procedures. Parent programs are also included. Newly admitted students are sent information preceding each orientation program. Students are strongly encouraged to attend orientation activities.

Undergraduate Admission Standards

The Arizona Board of Regents establishes undergraduate admission standards for the university in general. Particular colleges, schools, or departments within the university may establish stricter standards, which are given in the respective sections of the catalog and should be noted by students planning to enroll in any of these programs.

Admission Requirements

Graduation from Secondary School. To be eligible for admission to ASU, an applicant must have graduated from a recognized high school with satisfactory scholarship defined as meeting both the general aptitude and basic competency requirements shown in the “General Aptitude Requirements for Freshmen” and “General Aptitude Requirements for College Transfers” tables and the “Basic Competency Requirements” table.

Applicants with a maximum of one deficiency in no more than two competency areas may be admitted with conditions subject to removing the deficiencies within one calendar year of university enrollment. See “Meeting Basic Competencies” for an explanation of procedures to meet these competencies.

Competencies may be met by combinations of high school and college courses or test scores. A minimum 2.00 average (4.00 = A) must be earned in the courses taken in each of the six competency areas. Students 22 years of age or older at the time of enrollment need only meet the general aptitude requirements. An applicant whose most recent education is outside the United States and whose school does not issue a traditional U.S. high school transcript may be exempt from fulfilling the competency requirements. See the “Basic Competency Requirements” table.

If the applicant is unable to meet these specific admission requirements, it is possible to file a letter of appeal with the University Undergraduate Admissions Board:

University Undergraduate Admissions Board
Arizona State University
PO Box 870112
Tempe AZ 85287–0112

The decision of the board is final. The applicant must be able to meet at least one of the following criteria to be considered for appeal:

  1. an upward grade trend during the high school career or an upward grade trend during the senior year;
  2. positive recommendations from secondary school administrators, faculty, or counselors based on considerations such as academic potential, work experience, and leadership ability;
  3. an average score of 50 or greater on the General Education Development (GED); or
  4. completion of at least 12 semester hours of college freshman-level academic studies (at a community college or at a university or both) with a GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 = A scale in courses in English, social science, mathematics, physical or natural science, foreign languages, fine arts, or the humanities.

The School of Engineering recommends calculus. The laboratory sciences chosen should include at least one unit in physics and one year of chemistry. One year of biology is strongly recommended.

The College of Nursing requires one year each of high school physics and chemistry. Two years of high school chemistry are recommended.

General Aptitude Requirements for Freshmen

Composite Score
Residency Classification
Class Rank
GPA (4.00 = A)
Arizona residents3top quarteror22or1040or3.00 competency GPA4
Nonresidents5top quarteror24or1110or3.00 competency GPA

1The ACT scoring system has been modified. As a result, these scores are effective for tests taken in and after October of 1989. Equivalent scores for tests taken before October 1989 are 21 for Arizona residents and 23 for nonresidents.
2 The SAT scoring system has been modified. As a result, these recentered scores are effective for tests taken on or after April 1, 1995. Equivalent scores for tests taken before April 1995 are 930 for Arizona residents and 1010 for nonresidents.
3 All resident freshmen who carry a competency GPA from 2.50 to 2.99 or who rank in the top 26–50% of the graduating high school class are admitted with conditions.
4A GPA calculated on courses that are used to fulfill competency requirements.
5All nonresident freshmen who believe they have had a strong high school background and who rank in the top 26–50% of their graduating classes or who carry a competency GPA from 2.50 to 2.99 may apply and are considered on a case-by-case basis. Based on the review, the applicants may be admitted with conditions, deferred until additional course work is completed, or denied.

General Aptitude Requirements for College Transfers1

Residency Classification
Transferable Semester Hours
GPA (4.00 = A)
Materials Required
Arizona residents1–232.00 college GPA plus general aptitude requirements for freshman plus competency requirementsApplication, college and high school transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores
24 or more2.00 college GPA plus competency requirementsApplication, college and high school transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores
Nonresidents21–232.50 college GPA plus general aptitude requirements for freshman plus competency requirementsApplication, college and high school transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores
24 or more2.50 college GPA plus competency requirementsApplication, college and high school transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores

1Students 22 years of age or older at the time of enrollment do not need to meet competency requirements and therefore need not submit high school transcripts or test scores.
2 All nonresident transfers who have earned a 2.00–2.49 cumulative GPA are encouraged to apply and are considered on a case-by-case basis. Based on the review, the applicants may be admitted with conditions, deferred until additional course work is completed, or denied.

Basic Competency Requirements

High School Courses
Test Scores
College Courses
Four years high school:
English composition/
orMinimum test score: ACT English – 211 or SAT I Verbal – 530 (450)2orOne transferable three-semester-hour college-level course in English composition
Four years high school:
One year Algebra I
One year Geometry I
One year Algebra II
One year advanced mathematics
orMinimum test score: ACT Math – 201 or SAT I Math – 520 (500)2orOne transferable three-semester-hour course in mathematics for which Algebra II is a prerequisite
Laboratory Science
Three years high school, one each from three of the following:
earth science
integrated sciences.
An advanced-level course may be substituted for one subject area
orTwo years high school lab science (biology, chemistry, earth science, physics) plus minimum SAT II: subject test score on one of the following:
Chemistry Achievement – 600 (575)2
Biology Achievement – 590 (550)2
Physics Achievement – 620 (590)2
ACT Science Reasoning – 20.
The test score may not be from any subject from which high school credit was earned.
orThree transferable four-semester-hour college-level lab science courses in different subject areas.
An advanced-level course may be substituted for one subject area
Social Science
Complete both A and B.
AOne year high school American history orMinimum SAT II: subject test score on American History and Social Studies Achievement – 560 (510)2orOne transferable three-semester-hour college-level American history course
BOne year high school social science (e.g., European history, world history, sociology, geography, government, anthropology)orMinimum SAT II: subject score on World History Achievement – 580 (545)2orOne transferable three-semester-hour college-level social science course
Foreign Language
Two years of the same foreign languageorNAorOne year of transferable college study in the same foreign language
Fine Arts
One unit of fine arts or a combination of two semesters of fine artsorNAorOne transferable three-semester-hour fine arts course

1The ACT scoring system has been modified. As a result, these scores are effective for tests taken in and after October 1989. Equivalent scores for tests taken before October 1989 are in parentheses.
2 The SAT scoring system has been modified. As a result, these scores are effective for tests taken in and after April 1995. Equivalent scores for tests taken before April 1995 are in parentheses.

Admission before Graduation from High School. Admission may be granted to high school seniors who submit a six-semester or seven-semester transcript that shows academic quality and rank in class in keeping with admission standards and who complete the steps in the undergraduate admission procedures. Admission is official when a verification of the high school graduation showing the final GPA, the rank in class, and the date of graduation has been received in the mail by Undergraduate Admissions directly from the high school. In addition, students who are admitted with more than two deficiencies must submit, at least 45 days in advance of the semester, official records to verify the completion of competencies such that no more than two deficiencies remain. Students with more than two deficiencies who have not been admitted 45 days in advance of the semester may not be eligible for admission. An admission may be canceled if the final verification shows that the applicant has not met the university requirements for admission or that more than two deficiencies remain.

Admission of Nondegree Applicants—Undergraduate. Any high school graduate is invited to enroll for six or fewer semester hours per semester of undergraduate course work as a nondegree student. Students currently enrolled in high school and persons under the age of 18 may be admitted as nondegree students by submitting official ACT or SAT scores that meet the general aptitude requirements of the university. Persons admitted as nondegree students for a specific year and term must remain nondegree until the next semester.

Anyone interested in admission as a nondegree undergraduate student at ASU must submit to Undergraduate Admissions: (1) a Nondegree Undergraduate Application for Admission (including residency information) and (2) a $40.00 nonrefundable application fee (for applicants applying as nonresidents or residing outside Arizona). Applicants who are not high school graduates or who are younger than age 18 must also submit ACT or SAT scores.

No more than 15 hours of completed nondegree work may be applied to a degree program. A nondegree student who decides to work toward a bachelor’s degree must apply for admission to a degree program with Undergraduate Admissions and meet the admission requirements.

Once registered in a regular degree program, a student is not permitted to register again in nondegree status. Nondegree students are not eligible to receive most types of financial aid, nor are they eligible to receive certain benefits, such as veteran benefits.

Transfer Applicants

All transfer applicants under the age of 22 must submit official high school records, including an ACT or SAT score, and meet basic competency requirements. Students who will be 22 years old by the time the semester begins are exempt from the competency requirements.

Arizona Applicants. An Arizona applicant for transfer admission must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 (4.00 = A) or higher in all work undertaken at previous institutions of higher learning. A minimum of 24 college or university transferable semester hours must have been earned to be considered a transfer applicant.

Arizona transfer applicants must have the respective minimum GPAs to be admitted to the professional programs in the following areas: Computer Science—2.50; Construction—2.25; Economics—2.50; Engineering—2.50; and Technology—2.25. Other academic units may have different GPA requirements to enroll in junior- or senior-level courses.

Nonresident Applicants. A non-Arizona applicant for transfer admission must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 = A scale in all work undertaken at previous institutions of higher learning. Applicants who have at least a 2.00 on a 4.00 = A scale and who believe that they have a strong academic record are considered on a case-by-case basis.

Regardless of residency, all applicants for the majors of Computer Science and Economics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences must have transfer GPAs of 2.50 or higher.

Transfer Credit

Credit is awarded for traditional course work successfully completed at institutions of higher learning as indicated by ASU and the Arizona Board of Regents. Whether the specific credits can be applied toward a degree depends on the requirements of the department, division, school, or college in which the student is enrolled. There are several qualifications:

  1. Transfer credit is not given for courses in which the lowest passing grade (“D”) or a failing grade was received.
  2. While some courses successfully completed but evaluated on nontraditional grading systems (e.g., pass/fail) are acceptable for transfer, colleges in the university may not accept such credits to fulfill graduation requirements.
  3. Grades and honor points earned at other colleges and universities are considered for admission but are not included in computing the student’s cumulative GPA at ASU.

Certain types of credits cannot be transferred to ASU, including the following types:

  1. credits awarded by postsecondary institutions in the United States that lack candidate status or accreditation by a regional accrediting association;
  2. credits awarded by postsecondary institutions for life experience;
  3. credits awarded by postsecondary institutions for courses taken at noncollegiate institutions (e.g., governmental agencies, corporations, industrial firms);
  4. credits awarded by postsecondary institutions for noncredit courses, workshops, and seminars offered by other postsecondary institutions as part of continuing education programs; and
  5. credit for active service or courses that were taken through the military.

Acceptable academic credits earned at other institutions that are based on a different unit of credit than the one prescribed by the Arizona Board of Regents are subject to conversion before being transferred to ASU. Once a transfer course equivalency is determined, it stands unless the student changes majors and the course is required by the new major.

Veterans Exception. By Arizona statute, no failing grades received by a veteran at an Arizona university or community college before military service may be considered when determining admissibility. This exception applies only to veterans who

  1. are honorably discharged;
  2. have served in the armed forces of the United States for a minimum of two years; and
  3. have previously enrolled at a university or community college in Arizona.

Military service records must be submitted, including form DD 214.

Community Colleges. A maximum of 64 semester hours are accepted as lower-division credit when transferred from community, junior, or two-year colleges.

Community college students who plan to transfer to ASU at the end of their first or second years are strongly advised to plan their community college courses to meet the requirements of the curricula they select.

Students Attending Arizona Community Colleges. To determine the equivalency of courses offered by Arizona community colleges and courses offered at ASU, a student should refer to the Arizona Higher Education Course Equivalency Guide in consultation with an academic advisor. Provided college attendance has been continuous, students are permitted to follow the degree requirements specified in the ASU catalog in effect at the time they began community college work. See “

International Student Admissions

To comply with Immigration and Naturalization Services regulations, students who plan to attend ASU on an F–1 or J–1 visa must

  1. have a minimum GPA of 3.00 (4.00 = A) from secondary school course work if a freshman applicant, or have a minimum GPA of 2.50 (4.00 = A) from college or university course work, if a transfer applicant;
  2. meet basic competency requirements if attended four years of high school in the U.S.;
  3. submit a financial statement not more than six months old from a financial institution assuring adequate resources to support themselves while in residence at the university;
  4. have all required admissions materials and credentials reach Undergraduate Admissions by May 1 if applying for the fall semester or October 1 if applying for the spring semester (an English translation of all foreign language documents is required);
  5. pay a nonrefundable application fee of $40.00 in U.S. funds; and
  6. meet all appropriate immigration standards and requirements.

Credit from a Foreign Institution. Transfer credits or advanced standing is granted for academic course work completed at foreign tertiary level institutions that are either recognized by the home government/Ministry of Education as a degree-awarding institution or attached to a regionally accredited U.S. college or university as a Study Abroad Program. There will be no advanced credits for the international affiliation programs overseas unless they comply with this general policy.


Applicants whose native language is not English (identified by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Public Affairs) must provide evidence of English language proficiency as indicated by acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum TOEFL score of 500 is required for general admission to the university, and a minimum score of 550 is required for the professional programs in the School of Engineering and the Del E. Webb School of Construction. The following three exceptions apply:

  1. Applicants who have completed their junior and senior years in a U.S. high school may provide an SAT Verbal score of 580 or an ACT English subscore of 23 in place of a TOEFL score for the professional programs in the School of Engineering and the Del E. Webb School of Construction. Scores of 530 on the SAT Verbal or 21 on the English subscore place these applicants in the preprofessional programs.
  2. Applicants who have completed a minimum of 48 semester hours of transfer credits at a U.S. college or university (including completion of two semesters of first-year composition, earning a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA), may be admitted into the preprofessional programs without the TOEFL. Entrance into the professional programs in the School of Engineering and the Del E. Webb School of Construction requires a TOEFL score of 550, an SAT verbal score of 580, or an ACT English subscore of 23.
  3. Applicants who have received a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States are exempt from the TOEFL. If these applicants meet the admission standards for the professional programs, exclusive of language tests, they are admitted to the professional program.

Upon admission to the university, such students are issued a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I–20 or IAP–66), which enables them to apply for the appropriate visa.

All F–1 or J–1 visa students must have insurance coverage against illness and accident before being permitted to register. Insurance must be maintained throughout the student’s enrollment in the university and may be obtained at the time of registration.

Upon arrival on campus, students must report to the international student advisor in Student Life.

American English and Culture Program

The American English and Culture Program (AECP) features an intensive course of study designed for adult international students who desire to become proficient in English as a second language for academic, professional, or personal reasons. Inquiries about the curriculum, fee schedule, and other topics should be addressed to

American English and Culture Program, Department 4
Arizona State University
PO Box 873106
Tempe AZ 85287–3106

Acceptance into the American English and Culture Program is separate from admission to the university. For more information, see College of Extended Education, “American English and Culture Program.”

Admission of Applicants with Disabilities

Students should contact Disability Resources for Students (DRS) immediately upon admission to the university to receive information regarding eligibility requirements and deadlines that will ensure accommodations for the beginning of the semester.

Call or write

Disability Resources for Students
Arizona State University
PO Box 873202
Tempe AZ 85287–3202
602/965–1234 (Voice/TTY)

The following accommodations can take up to three months for production and/or coordination: adapted instructional material development, alternative print formats (e.g., large print, braille, and computer based files), lab equipment adaptation, reader service, and sign language and oral interpreting services. Students who miss preregistration cannot be guaranteed these accommodations and may have to use alternate accommodations.


A maximum of 60 hours of credit are awarded for any or all programs, including ASU comprehensive and proficiency examinations. In these categories, only credit earned by comprehensive examination counts toward the resident credit requirement for graduation.

Advanced Placement. Students who have taken an advanced placement (AP) course of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) in their secondary school and who have taken an AP Examination of the CEEB may receive university credit. No credit is given for any examination with a score of 2 or 1. There is no limit to the number of AP credits that can be used to meet the General Studies requirement, including the requirements in natural sciences (S1 and S2), and literacy and critical inquiry (L1 and L2).

When the scores are received by the university directly from the CEEB, credit is awarded as shown in the “Advanced Placement Credit” table.

Advanced Placement Credit

Semester Hours
Art—History5 or 46ARS 101, 102
33ARS 101 or 102
Art—Studio—Drawing56ART 111, 112
43ART 111
Art—Studio—General56ART 112, DEC*
43ART 112
Biology5 or 48BIO 181, 182
34BIO 181
Chemistry5 or 49CHM 113, 115
34CHM 113
Computer Science A5 or 43CSE 100
Computer Science AB5 or 46CSE 100, 200
Economics—Introductory Macroeconomics5 or 43ECN 111
Economics—Introductory Microeconomics5 or 43ECN 112
English—Language and Composition5 or 46ENG 101, 114 eligible for ENG 102H
English—Literature and Composition5 or 46ENG 101, 204 eligible for ENG 102H
French—Language514FRE 201, 202, 311, 312
411FRE 201, 202, 311
38FRE 201, 202
French—Literature518FRE 111, 201, 202, 321, 322
412FRE 111, 201, 202
38FRE 201, 202
German—Language514GER 201, 202, 311, 312
411GER 201, 202, 311
38GER 201, 202
German—Literature515GER 111, 201, 202, 314
412GER 111, 201, 202
38GER 201, 202
History—American or European5 or 46HIS 103 and 104 or HIS 101 and 102
3Department evaluates examination and recommends credit.
Latin—Language516LAT 101, 102, 201, 202
412LAT 101, 102, 201
38LAT 101, 102
Mathematics—Calculus AB5, 4, or 34MAT 270
Mathematics—Calculus BC5 or 48MAT 270 and 271; additional credit may be granted upon departmental approval.
34MAT 270
Music5 or 43MTC 125
Physics B5 or 46PHY 111, 112
33PHY 111
Physics C—Electricity and Magnetism5 or 44PHY 112, 114; or, upon departmental approval, credit may instead be granted for PHY 131, 132.
Physics C—Mechanics5 or 44PHY 111, 113; or, upon departmental approval, credit may instead be granted for PHY 121, 122.
Political Science
   American Government and Politics5 or 43POS 110
   Comparative Government and Politics5 or 43POS 150
Psychology5 or 43PGS 101
3Department evaluates examination and recommends credit.
Spanish—Language514SPA 201, 202, 311, 312
411SPA 201, 202, 311
38SPA 201, 202
Spanish—Literature515SPA 111, 201, 202, 325
412SPA 111, 201, 202
38SPA 201, 202
Statistics5 or 43STP 226

*If the portfolio emphasizes 3D, the student can request to have it evaluated for ART 115 credit.

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). Students who have taken a College-Level Examination of the College Entrance Examination Board may receive university credit. The table of CLEP credit applies to all students enrolling in the university for the first time in August 1975 and any student enrolling thereafter. CLEP examination credit is not given where (1) it duplicates credit previously earned by the student at the university or accepted by the university for work done elsewhere or (2) it is more elementary than a course in which the student has already received credit. All examinations are given monthly by University Testing Services.

There is no limit to the number of CLEP credits that can be used to fulfill the General Studies requirement. The General Studies requirement in natural sciences (S1 and S2) and literacy and critical inquiry (L1 and L2) are not satisfied by CLEP (See the General Studies Courses table).

General Examinations. To obtain credit or placement, students must receive a standard score of 500 or higher for the General Examinations, except for English Composition with Essay, on which students must receive a standard score of 610/1978 scale or 500/1986 scale. Students who have completed 60 semester hours of credit are not eligible to receive any credit for the CLEP General Examinations.

Subject Examinations. A standard score of 50 or higher must be received to obtain credit for any subject examination. The completion of 60 semester hours does not preclude eligibility for additional credit for subject examinations.

All equivalency is subject to future review and possible catalog change.

For more information, call University Testing Services at 602/965–7146 or stop by EDB 302.

CLEP Credit

General Examinations
   Semester Hours
English Composition   None   With essay qualifies for ENG 105
Humanities   6   Elective credit
Mathematics   3   MAT 106
Natural Sciences   8   Elective credit
Social Sciences and History   6   Elective credit

Subject Examinations
Semester Hours
American Government3POS 110
American History
   Early Colonization to 18773HIS 103
   1865 to the Present3HIS 104
American Literature6ENG 241, 242
Analysis and Interpretation of Literature3Elective credit
Calculus with Elementary Functions4MAT 270
College Algebra (1993)
(replaces College Algebra [1979])
3MAT 117 (Students must score 46 or higher to receive credit.)
College Algebra and Trigonometry3MAT 170
College French8FRE 101, 102
College German8GER 101, 102
College Spanish8SPA 101, 102
English Literature3Elective credit
Freshman College Composition
(replaces College Composition and Freshman English)
NoneWith satisfactory essay qualifies for ENG 105.
General Biology8BIO 181, 182
General Chemistry8CHM 113, 115
Human Growth and DevelopmentNoneNo credit
Information Systems and Computer Applications3Elective credit
Introduction to Educational PsychologyNoneNo credit
Introductory Accounting6Elective credit
Introductory Business Law3Elective credit
Introductory Psychology3PGS 101
Introductory Sociology3SOC 101
Principles of Macroeconomics
(replaces Introductory Macroeconomics)
3ECN 111 (Students must score a 75 or higher to receive credit.)
College of Business students may not use this for ECN 111 requirement.
Principles of ManagementNoneNo credit
Principles of MarketingNoneNo credit
Principles of Microeconomics
(replaces Introductory Microeconomics)
3ECN 112 (Students must score a 75 or higher to receive credit.)
College of Business students may not use this for ECN 112 requirement.
TrigonometryNoneNo credit
Western Civilization (9)
   Ancient Near East to 16486HIS 100, 101
   1648 to the Present3HIS 102

International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate. Students who present an International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate may qualify for university credit, depending on the level of the examination and the grade received. Arizona State University grants credit for higher-level courses only. A grade of 5 qualifies the student to receive credit for up to two introductory courses while a grade of 4 qualifies a student to receive credit for one introductory course. No credit is awarded for English as a Second Language (English B). Credit is awarded according to the table of “International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate Credit.”

International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate Credit

   Semester Hours
Art/Design   7, 6, or 5   6   ART 111, 112
   4   3   ART 112
Biology   7, 6, or 5   8   BIO 181, 182
   4   4   BIO 181
Chemistry   7, 6, or 5   9   CHM 113, 115
   4   4   CHM 113
Economics   7, 6, or 5   6   ECN 111, 112
   4   3   ECN 111
English A   7, 6, or 5   6   ENG 101, 110
   4   3   ENG 110
English B   No creditNone
Foreign Language A or B*   4   4   Foreign language 101
Foreign Language A or B*   5   8   Foreign language 101, 102
History—American   7, 6, or 5   6   HIS 103, 104
   4   3   HIS 103
History—European   7, 6, or 5   6   HIS 101, 102
   4   3   HIS 101
Mathematics   7, 6, 5, or 4   4   MAT 270
Physics   7, 6, or 5   8   PHY 111, 112, 113, 114
   4   4   PHY 111, 113

*No credit is awarded if the language is the student’s native language.

Comprehensive Examinations. A comprehensive examination is intended to permit a student to establish academic credit in a field in which the student has gained experience or competence equivalent to an established university course. Applications are given only for courses listed in the current catalog and only for courses in which a comprehensive examination can serve as a satisfactory measure of accomplishment.

A number of restrictions apply. The student must be enrolled at ASU with no more than 100 semester hours of credit earned. The examinations must be taken during the first two semesters in residence in a degree program at the university. No more than 60 semester hours of credit may be established by comprehensive examinations (including AP and CLEP credit) and independent learning courses.

Comprehensive examinations may not be taken in any course in which the student has been given admission credit or transfer credit from any educational institution. Credit may not be received for an examination in an elementary level of a field in which the student has earned more advanced credit nor for a prerequisite for a course already completed.

The decision on the suitability of course material for a comprehensive examination, the development of a comprehensive examination, and the administration of an examination are strictly departmental functions. An application is for one course only. The student completes an application form with the number, title, and number of semester hours for the course. When completed, the application must be approved by the student’s advisor and the chair of the department responsible for offering the course.

The student must then pay the stated fee for such examinations at Cashiering Services. The receipt must be taken to the departmental office.

The examination is prepared by the instructor who normally conducts the course, and it is comprehensive in nature and scope. The instructor and other experts designated by the chair grade the examination, using letter grades “A,” “B,” “C,” “D,” or “E.” If the grade is “C” or higher, a mark of “Y” is entered on the student’s permanent record; otherwise, no entry is made. Credit by examination is indicated as such on the record. The student is notified by mail of the result of the examination. In cases of failure (“D” or “E”), the student is not given an opportunity to repeat the examination.

A student pursuing a second baccalaureate degree may not receive credit by comprehensive examination, but, with prior approval of the college, the student may use the examination to waive a course requirement if a grade of “C” or higher is earned.

Proficiency Examinations. Proficiency examinations and auditions are given

  1. to waive a course requirement;
  2. to validate certain transfer credits in professional programs; and
  3. to determine a student’s ability in a field where competence is an important consideration.

Detailed information may be obtained from the dean’s office of the college in which the student is registered.


All new, transfer, or readmitted undergraduate students who plan to enroll for seven or more semester hours must meet one of the following testing requirements. Students who fail to meet at least one of these requirements will not be allowed to register for any course the following semester.

  1. Take the ACT English or SAT verbal examination and have scores submitted to ASU.
  2. Receive a score of 4 or 5 for the advanced placement examination in English offered by the College Entrance Examination Board and have scores submitted to ASU.
  3. Take the CLEP general examination in English, earning a score that qualifies for placement in ENG 105, and have scores submitted to ASU.
  4. Have previously taken ENG 101, 102, 105, 107, or 108 at ASU and received a grade of “D” or higher. If the course was taken before 1980, contact the Recording Section, SSV B114, before registering for classes.
  5. Transfer a course equivalent to ENG 101, 102, 105, 107, or 108 with a grade of “C” or higher. An official transcript showing the grade must be received at ASU at least six weeks before registration. If a student transfers an equivalent composition course from a public community college or university in Arizona, the equivalency is automatically posted, and the student need not take further action. A student transferring a composition course from any other college or university must have the course evaluated for equivalency. See “First-Year Composition Requirement.” for more information.


English. New students and continuing, re-entry, transfer, and nondegree students who have not taken any composition courses are placed in First-Year Composition courses according to their scores on the ACT English or SAT Verbal tests. Students who score 18 (16)1 or below on the ACT English test or 460 (380)2 or below on the SAT Verbal test must enroll in WAC 101, a basic writing course. Students who score between 19 (17)1 and 28 (24)1 on the ACT English test or between 470 (390)2 and 650 (580)2 on the SAT Verbal test are eligible to enroll in ENG 101. Students who score 29 (25)1 or higher on the ACT English test or 680 (590)2 or higher on the SAT Verbal test may take ENG 105 in place of ENG 101 and 102. Students who are accepted in the University Honors College are eligible to enroll in ENG 105 after being advised. Students may also qualify for ENG 105 by achieving appropriate scores on the CLEP General Examination in English Composition with Essay or the CLEP Subject Examination in College Composition with Essay.
1The ACT scoring system has been modified. As a result, these scores are effective for tests taken in and after October 1989. Equivalent scores for tests taken before October 1989 are in parentheses.
2The SAT scoring system has been modified. As a result, these scores are effective for tests taken in and after April 1995. Equivalent scores for tests taken before April 1995 are in parentheses.

Foreign Language. For information regarding foreign language placement testing, see “Foreign Language Requirement,” “Foreign Language Placement,” and “Special Programs for Advanced Placement and Credit.”

Mathematics. Placement examinations before registering in mathematics courses are not required at ASU. Students planning to register in mathematics courses should consult the Self-Advising flowchart available at university advising offices and the Department of Mathematics offices in PSA 208 and 216. The flowchart places emphasis on a student’s prior preparation and performance in mathematics. In most lower-division mathematics courses, an intensive review by the students is followed by a test during the first week of classes. Students not doing well on these tests are encouraged to enroll immediately in a less demanding mathematics course. Students needing additional evaluation are encouraged to take the Algebra Placement Exam or the Calculus Placement Exam, administered by appointment at University Testing Services (UTS), EDB 302. Call UTS at 602/965–7146 for an appointment.


Effective academic advising of students is an essential aspect of the educational experience at ASU. The university is committed to providing quality advising to continuing, first-time, and transfer students. To achieve the highest quality advising, students, faculty, and staff must work to form a partnership. To ensure timely and accurate advising to their majors, each college has advisors to assist students in developing programs of study, assessing educational goals, and understanding rules, procedures, and curriculum requirements. In some colleges, these advisors are faculty members. In others, they are full-time, professional advisors. In most instances, students have academic and career advising available from both faculty members and full-time advisors. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the skill and knowledge of the advising professionals available to them. Most new students and many continuing students have mandatory advising as a condition of registration.

An additional unit, Cross-college Advising Services ([CAS] UASB 129, 602/965–4464), is a central advising, referral, and information facility whose staff is available to assist students in their academic careers at ASU. Emphasis is placed on advising services to first-time, prospective, transfer, and visiting students and students in transition, such as those changing majors and those without majors. In addition to guidance in the exploration or selection of a major, CAS provides general academic information and referrals to all areas of student academic support.

Students are strongly encouraged to seek academic advising at the earliest possible time and regularly throughout their academic careers, whether or not advising is mandatory in their particular programs. Advisors may be contacted at the locations and times shown in the “Academic Advising” table. See“Building Abbreviations” for a list of building abbreviations and names.

Academic Advising

College or School
College of Architecture and Environmental Design   ARCH 141   602/965–3584   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
College of Business   BA 123   602/965–4227   Wed.   9:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
         Other weekdays   9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
College of Education   EDB 7   602/965–3877   Mon.–Fri.   9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences   EC G100   602/965–3421   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Appointments are recommended.
College of Fine Arts   GHALL 127   602/965–4495   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
College of Law   LAW 101   602/965–1474   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Call for additional hours.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences   SS 111   602/965–6506   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
College of Nursing   NUR 108   602/965–2987   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
College of Public Programs   WILSN 203   602/965–1034   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Graduate College   WILSN lobby   602/965–3521   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Walk-ins are welcome; appointments are recommended.
School of Social Work   WHALL 135   602/965–6081   Mon., Fri.   9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
         Tues.–Thurs.   9:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Appointments are recommended.
Cross-college Advising Services   UASB 129   602/965–4464   Mon., Wed.   8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.2
         Tues., Thurs.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
         Fri.   7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
University Honors College   MCL 112   602/965–2359   Mon.–Fri.   8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Appointments are recommended.

1Students seeking academic advising at ASU East should see ASU East, “Academic Advising” for more information.
2Walk-ins are welcome.


Undergraduate students who have previously attended ASU but have not been enrolled at ASU for one semester or more are required to apply for readmission for the semester in which re-enrollment is intended. Nonresident applicants must submit a nonrefundable $40.00 application fee. If, meanwhile, the student has attended another accredited college or university, it is necessary for the student to have on file an official transcript of all academic work taken. Failure to report such attendance is considered misrepresentation and falsification of university records. In addition, it is considered cause for Records Hold action and withholding of further registration privileges.

An applicant for readmission to a degree program must meet the requirements for good standing (see “Academic Good Standing”) and the requirements of the college to which the application is being made. An applicant who has been denied readmission may appeal to the University Undergraduate Admissions Board. Nondegree applicants for readmission must have a minimum GPA of 2.00. If not, the applicant must apply to ASU through Undergraduate Admissions.

Conditional Readmission. A student completing academic work in progress at another institution may be granted conditional readmission. This conditional status remains effective until an official transcript is received. The student is subject to Records Hold action, and additional registration privileges are withheld if this condition for readmission is not cleared by midsemester.


Academic renewal is a university policy administered for the purpose of recalculating the ASU cumulative GPA of undergraduate students who have been readmitted to a degree program after an absence of at least five continuous calendar years including summer sessions and who have completed in good standing a minimum of 12 college-approved additional hours in residence within three semesters after re-entry. Students may have the former academic record before the five-year absence (including transfer credits) accepted in the same manner as if the credits were transfer credits. That is, earned hours are carried forward for up to 60 hours of credit in which a grade of “C” or higher was earned. The cumulative GPA is based only on credits earned subsequent to the student’s re-entry. All graduation residency, academic recognition residency, and GPA requirements must be fulfilled after academic renewal.

A request for academic renewal follows this procedure:

  1. Students interested in academic renewal must request the Application for Academic Renewal from the Readmission Section of the Office of the Registrar or the dean of the college offering the major.
  2. The Application for Academic Renewal may be submitted immediately upon readmission but not later than the start of the third semester after readmission.
  3. The Application for Academic Renewal is submitted by the student to the dean of the college offering the major.
  4. The dean specifies in advance a minimum of 12 semester hours.
  5. When the approved credits are completed with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher, and no grade lower than “C” in each course, the dean forwards the Application for Academic Renewal to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

Only students working toward their first undergraduate degree are eligible to apply for academic renewal, which may be effected only once during a student’s academic career. Academic renewal is transferable among colleges. All students with ASU GPAs below 2.00 are eligible to petition for academic renewal. Individual colleges may elect to entertain petitions for academic renewal from students with ASU GPAs above 2.00. College standards committees have final authorization on academic renewal petitions. Eligibility for graduation is based on the ASU cumulative GPA after academic renewal. However, a student’s complete record —before and after academic renewal—remains on the transcript and may be taken into consideration when a student applies for undergraduate professional or graduate programs.


All persons attending a class at ASU must be registered for that class. A student is considered to be registered when all registration fees have been paid in full.

Eligibility. Only eligible students may register for courses at ASU. An eligible student is either continuing from the previous semester or has been admitted or readmitted to the university. See “Undergraduate Admission” and “Readmission to the University.”

Proof of Identification. To receive university services, photo identification must be presented. Each admitted or readmitted student who completes the registration process for a regular semester needs to obtain a student identification card. This photo identification card is valid for the duration of the student’s enrollment at ASU.

Photo IDs are issued throughout the semester at the Sun Card office located in the Memorial Union. See the Schedule of Classes. Refer to “Sun Card/ID Card.”

Registration Fees. Registration fees are due and must be paid in full at the time specified each semester in the Schedule of Classes. If any payment tendered is unauthorized, incomplete, or received after the due date, registration fees are considered not paid.

Schedule of Classes. The Schedule of Classes, published for the fall and spring semesters, and the Summer Sessions Bulletin are distributed without charge. These publications are also available online at www.asu.edu/registrar/schedule. They list course offerings, dates, times, places, and procedures for registration, along with other important information relating to the term.

Course Loads. A minimum full-time course load for an undergraduate student is 12 semester hours. The maximum course load for which a student may register is 18 semester hours (with the exception of a 19-hour maximum for students enrolled in the Colleges of Engineering and Applied Sciences or Architecture and Environmental Design). A student wishing to register for more than the maximum must petition the standards committee of the college in which the student is enrolled and must obtain an approved override before registration. See “Summer Session Semester Hour Load” for summer course load information.

Reserving of Course Credit by Undergraduates. Seniors at ASU within 12 semester hours of graduation may enroll in a 400-level or graduate course and reserve the credit for possible use in a future graduate program. The course cannot be used to meet a baccalaureate graduation requirement. Before registration in the course, the student must submit a Graduate College Petition form requesting credit reservation. The form must be signed by the student’s advisor, the head of the academic unit offering the class, and the dean of the Graduate College.

Permission to reserve a course does not guarantee admission to a graduate degree program or that the course may be used toward graduate degree requirements. A maximum of nine semester hours may be reserved, and only courses with an “A” or “B” grade are applicable. Reserved credit earned before admission to a graduate degree program is classified as nondegree credit. The maximum course load for a student enrolled in a reserved course is 15 semester hours during a regular semester and six hours during a summer session.

Summer Session Semester Hour Load. The summer session semester hour load limit is seven semester hours for each five-week session and nine semester hours for the eight-week session. The student may not exceed a total of 14 semester hours for any combination of sessions.

Concurrent Enrollment. Provided that the other university regulations concerning enrollment, graduation requirements, and transfer of credits are not violated, a student may enroll in classes at other institutions or in independent learning courses while enrolled at ASU. However, the student is urged to seek advising before concurrent enrollment to assure orderly progress toward a degree. If total credits exceed the maximum course load, prior permission must be granted by the college standards committee. See “Course Loads.”

Attendance. The instructor has full authority to decide whether class attendance is required.

Enrollment Verification Guidelines. The registrar is responsible for verifying enrollment according to the general guidelines in the “Enrollment Verification Guidelines” table. Independent learning courses are not considered for enrollment verification purposes.

Enrollment Verification Guidelines

Less Than Half-Time
Regular semester
Undergraduate12 or more hours 6–11 hours5 or fewer hours
Graduate 9 or more hours5–8 hours4 or fewer hours
Graduate assistant* 6 or more hours
Five-week summer session
Undergraduate 4 or more hours2 hours1 hour
Graduate3 or more hours2hours1 hour
Graduate assistant*2 or more hours1hour
Eight-week summer session
Undergraduate 6 or more hours3–5hours2 or fewer hours
Graduate 5 or more hours3–4hours2 or fewer hours

*For enrollment verification purposes, graduate assistant is a generic term that includes graduate assistant, teaching assistant, research assistant, graduate associate, teaching associate, and research associate. - Back to Top


Cooperative Education. Cooperative education at ASU is any educational program that requires alternating classroom and work experience in government or industry. The work experience exists for its educational value.

Full-time Status of Co-op Students. A co-op student, during a work semester, is identified as both co-op and full time by the university. In order to qualify, the student must have prescribed hours and GPA requirements.

Rights and Privileges of Co-op Students. During their work semesters, co-op students have the rights, privileges, and protections—with regard to university matters—accorded to full-time students, except financial aid. They maintain catalog continuity and have student access to university facilities and events.

Financial Aid for Co-op Students. Co-op students are not identified to lenders (including ASU) as being in loan repayment status. They have an “in school” full-time enrollment status. Co-op students do not receive any financial aid disbursement during their co-op semesters, nor are such awards transferred to another semester. The student is responsible for notifying Student Financial Assistance as soon as plans for a co-op term are made but no later than 10 days before the co-op term begins. The department or school is responsible for notifying Student Financial Assistance of students approved for co-op terms.

Traveling Scholar Program. The Traveling Scholar Program is a cooperative program between the state universities designed to enable students to take advantage of programs or special resources that are not available at their own institutions. Any undergraduate student with a GPA of at least 2.50 or graduate student with a GPA of at least 3.00 enrolled at ASU, Northern Arizona University, or University of Arizona may be designated a Traveling Scholar by prior mutual agreement of the appropriate academic authorities at both the sponsoring and hosting institutions. Contact the Registrar’s Records Information Section for more information and the application form.


Definition of a Unit of Credit. The Arizona Board of Regents has defined (May 26, 1979) a unit of credit for the institutions under its jurisdiction. A minimum of 45 hours of work by each student is required for each unit of credit. An hour of work represents a minimum of 50 minutes of class time—often called a “contact hour”—or 60 minutes of independent study work. For lecture-discussion courses, this requirement equates to at least 15 contact hours and a minimum of 30 hours of work outside the classroom for each unit of credit. Even though the values of 15 and 30 may vary for different modes of instruction, the minimum total of 45 hours of work for each unit of credit is a constant. Since the unit of credit as defined by the Arizona Board of Regents is the cornerstone of academic degree programs at ASU, degrees granted by other institutions that are recognized by ASU should be based on a similar unit of credit.

Grades and Marks. All grades and marks appear on the grade report, permanent record, and/or unofficial transcript.

They are indicated by the letters shown in the “Grades” table.


DNo graduate credit 1.00
NRNo report
RCRemedial creditAppears only on unofficial copy of ASU transcript.
RNRemedial no creditAppears only on unofficial copy of ASU transcript.

Grading Options. Ordinarily a grade of “A,” “B,” “C,” “D,” or “E” is given upon completion of a course, unless a grading option of “audit” or “pass/fail” is indicated at the time of registration. Grading options cannot be changed after the close of the drop/add period.

Incomplete. A mark of “I” (incomplete) is given by the instructor only when a student who is otherwise doing acceptable work is unable to complete a course because of illness or other conditions beyond the student’s control. The mark of “I” should be granted only when the student can complete the unfinished work with the same instructor. However, an incomplete (“I”) may be completed with an instructor designated by the department chair if the original instructor later becomes incapacitated or is otherwise not on campus. The student is required to arrange with the instructor for the completion of the course requirements. The arrangement is recorded on the Request for Grade of Incomplete form. The student has one calendar year from the date the mark of “I” is recorded to complete the course. If the student completes the course within the calendar year, the instructor must submit a Request for Grade of Incomplete/Authorization for Change of Grade form to the Office of the Registrar, whether the student passed or failed the course. Marks of “I” are changed to a grade of “E” for purposes of evaluating graduation requirements for undergraduate students. Marks of “I” received in the fall 1983 semester or thereafter for undergraduate courses that have been on a student’s record for more than one calendar year are automatically changed to a grade of “E.” An undergraduate student does not reregister or pay fees for a course for which an incomplete “I” has been received in order to complete the course.

Students who receive a mark of “I” in courses at the 500 level or above have one calendar year to complete the course for a grade. After one calendar year, the mark of “I” becomes a permanent part of the transcript. To repeat the course for credit, a student must reregister and pay fees. The grade for the repeated course appears on the transcript but does not replace the permanent “I.”

Satisfactory. A mark of “Y” (satisfactory) may be used at the option of individual colleges and schools within the university and is appropriate for internships, projects, readings and conferences, research, seminars, theses, and workshops. The “Y” is included in earned hours but is not computed in the GPA.

Credit Enrollment. The semester hour is the unit on which credit is computed. It represents one 50-minute class exercise per week per semester. To obtain credit, a student must be properly registered and must pay fees for the course.

Audit Enrollment. A student may choose to audit a course, in which case the student attends regularly scheduled class sessions, but no credit is earned. The student should obtain the instructor’s approval before registering and paying the fees for the course. Selected courses may not be audited. Veteran students using education benefits should see “Veterans Services.”

The mark of “X” is recorded for completion of an audited course, unless the instructor determines that the student’s participation or attendance has been inadequate, in which case the mark of “W” (unrestricted withdrawal) may be recorded. This grading option may not be changed after the close of drop/add. The “X” is not included in earned hours and is not computed in the GPA.

Pass/Fail Enrollment. A mark of “P” (pass) or “E” (fail) may be assigned for this grading option. This grading method may be used at the option of individual colleges and schools within the university. Consult the college dean’s office for detailed information and restrictions before registration. “P” is included in earned hours but is not computed in the GPA.

Remedial Enrollment. A mark of “RC” (remedial credit) or “RN” (remedial no credit) may be assigned for this grading option. The course appears on an unofficial ASU transcript but does not appear on the grade report or official ASU transcript and is not included in earned hours. Remedial hours are included in verification of enrollment for purposes of loan deferment and eligibility.

Instructor-Initiated Drop. An instructor may drop a student for nonattendance during the second week of classes in fall or spring semesters or the first two days of each summer session. Instructor-initiated drops for nonattendance are signed by the dean or dean’s designee. The college notifies students by mail. The student must contact the instructor before the end of the first week of classes if absences during that period cannot be avoided.

Drop/Add. Students registering for courses for a semester or summer session may drop or add courses through the first week of classes in a semester or the first two days of a summer session. See the Schedule of Classes or Summer Sessions Bulletin for dates of drop/add periods. During this period, a student may drop one or more but not all scheduled courses without penalty. Courses that are dropped do not appear on the student’s transcript and fees paid are fully refunded, depending on the student’s remaining hours. A student who wishes to withdraw from all courses during the drop/add period must process an unrestricted withdrawal.

Unrestricted Course Withdrawal. During the first four weeks of a semester or the first six days of a summer session, a student may withdraw from any course with a mark of “W.” See the Schedule of Classes or the Summer Sessions Bulletin for dates of the unrestricted withdrawal period.

Restricted Withdrawal. From the fifth week to the end of the 10th week of a semester and from the seventh day to the end of the third week of a summer session, students may withdraw with a mark of “W” from only courses in which the instructor certifies that they are passing at the time of the withdrawal. See the Schedule of Classes or the Summer Sessions Bulletin for dates of the restricted withdrawal period.

The number of restricted withdrawals with the mark of “W” is limited. One restricted withdrawal is assessed for each course withdrawn from, unless the student is withdrawing from all courses. A complete withdrawal results in the assessment of one restricted withdrawal against a student’s limit. The number of withdrawals is a total of two for students during freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior standing; and a total of two for students during second undergraduate degree standing.

Students who have reached their restricted withdrawal limit are not allowed to process any additional restricted course withdrawals. However, students are allowed to process a restricted complete withdrawal even when they have reached the restricted withdrawal limit. The preceding limits do not prevent students from processing a complete withdrawal from the university with marks of “W” and/or “E.” Complete withdrawal counts as one withdrawal for purposes of applying the above limits. The preceding does not apply to audit enrollment or zero-hour labs and recitations.

Procedure for Restricted Withdrawal

  1. Obtain a withdrawal form from any registrar site.
  2. Obtain a signature and verification of grade from instructor(s).
  3. Have the form processed at any registrar site.

Instructor-Initiated Withdrawal. An instructor may withdraw a student from a course with a mark of “W” or a grade of “E” only in cases of disruptive classroom behavior. A student may appeal an instructor-initiated withdrawal to the standards committee of the college in which the course is offered. The decision of the committee is final. Restricted withdrawal limits do not apply to withdrawals initiated by an instructor.

Withdrawal from the University. To withdraw from all classes after having paid registration fees, a student must submit a request in person, withdraw using InTouch, or submit a signed request to the Office of the Registrar. The InTouch complete withdrawal option is only available through the first week of classes for a semester. During the unrestricted complete withdrawal period, a student may withdraw from all courses with marks of “W.” During the restricted complete withdrawal period, a student may withdraw with marks of “W” only from courses that the instructors certify the student was passing at the time of withdrawal. See the Schedule of Classes or the Summer Sessions Bulletin for dates of the complete withdrawal periods. No one is permitted to withdraw from the university or to conduct any registration transaction in the last two weeks of the semester. The date of the complete withdrawal is always the date the withdrawal form or letter is received in the Office of the Registrar.

Medical/Compassionate Withdrawal. Normally, a medical/compassionate withdrawal request is made in cases where serious illness or injury (medical) or other significant personal situation (compassionate) prevents a student from continuing his or her classes and incompletes when other arrangements with the instructor are not possible. Usually, consideration is for complete withdrawal. All applications for withdrawal require thorough and credible documentation; application for less than a complete withdrawal must be especially well documented to justify the selective nature of the medical/compassionate withdrawal request.

Medical Withdrawal. When a student must withdraw from one or more classes for personal medical reasons, that student may request a medical withdrawal. This policy covers both physical health and mental health difficulties. A medical withdrawal aids the student in two ways:

  1. it is considered an unrestricted withdrawal, regardless of when it occurs; and
  2. according to the policies of the Student Fee Payment Office, the student may be refunded a greater portion of tuition and/or fees paid for the semester than the published university refund schedule would normally allow.

Compassionate Withdrawal. When a student must withdraw from one or more classes for significant personal reasons, not related to the student’s personal physical or mental health (for example, care of a seriously ill child or spouse, or a death in the student’s immediate family), that student may request a compassionate withdrawal. A compassionate withdrawal aids the student in the two ways listed above under “Medical Withdrawal.”

Each college has a dean’s representative (medical/compassionate withdrawal designee) to review medical/compassionate withdrawal requests. A student requesting a medical/compassionate withdrawal is referred to the dean’s designee of the college of the major. A nondegree student is referred to the dean’s designee of the college with which he or she is primarily affiliated. The dean’s designee determines the appropriateness of the medical/compassionate withdrawal request and whether an administrative hold is indicated. Removal of the hold must be authorized by the designee before the student can register for a future semester or be readmitted to the university.

Although the medical/compassionate withdrawal procedure may be used at any time during or after the close of the specified semester, the student is encouraged to submit the application as early as possible.

During the unrestricted withdrawal period (generally the first four weeks of a semester or the first six days of a summer session), a student who follows the regular withdrawal procedure will automatically be granted a “W” in each of his or her classes, regardless of the reasons for withdrawing and whether or not he or she is passing the classes. However, even during the unrestricted withdrawal period, a student must process a formal medical/compassionate withdrawal to be eligible for consideration of a larger refund of tuition and/or fees than would be granted under regular unrestricted withdrawal procedures.

For both partial and complete withdrawals, during both the unrestricted withdrawal period and the restricted withdrawal period, a student who follows the medical/compassionate withdrawal procedure will be granted a “W” in each of his or her classes upon approval of the medical/compassionate withdrawal, regardless of whether or not he or she is passing. The medical/compassionate withdrawal procedure will result in a special note line on the unofficial transcript.

Even after the close of the semester, the dean’s designee in the college of the student’s major may approve a medical/compassionate withdrawal for each class for which a “W” is to be granted, regardless of which college offered the course(s). Refunds are not given beyond six months past the close of the semester.

Only one Request for Documented Medical/Compassionate Withdrawal form needs to be filed with the college of the major, even if classes in more than one college are involved. The form should clearly specify each class for which the student is to receive a grade of “W.” Signatures from the instructor(s) and/or department chair(s) for each class are not required; the dean’s designee’s signature is sufficient.

Grade Points. For the purpose of computing the grade point average (GPA), grade points are assigned to each of the grades for each semester hour as follows: “A,” four points; “B,” three points; “C,” two points; “D,” one point; “E,” zero points. GPAs are rounded to the nearest 100th of a grade point.

Grade Point Average. Grade points earned for a course are multiplied by the number of semester hours to produce honor points. For example, receiving an “A,” which is assigned four grade points, in a three-semester-hour course would produce 12 honor points. The grade point average (GPA) is obtained by dividing the total number of honor points earned by the total number of semester hours graded “A,” “B,” “C,” “D,” or “E.” Other grades do not carry grade points. Semester GPA is based on semester net hours. Cumulative GPA is based on total net hours.

Change of Grade. Ordinarily the instructor of a course has the sole and final responsibility for any grade reported. Once the grade has been reported to the registrar, it may be changed upon the signed authorization of the faculty member who issued the original grade. Approval for the change is also required by the department chair and the dean of the college concerned. This policy also applies to the grade of “I” (incomplete).

University Policy for Student Appeal Procedures on Grades

Informal. The steps outlined below, beginning with step A, must be followed by any student seeking to appeal a grade. Student grade appeals must be processed in the regular semester immediately following the issuance of the grade in dispute (by commencement for fall or spring), regardless of whether the student is enrolled at the university. It is university policy that students filing grievances and those who are witnesses are protected from retaliation. Students who believe they are victims of retaliation should immediately contact the dean of the college in which the course is offered.

A.The aggrieved student must first undergo the informal procedure of conferring with the instructor, stating the evidence, if any, and reasons for questioning that the grade received was not given in good faith. The instructor is obliged to review the matter, explain the grading procedure used, and show how the grade in question was determined. If the instructor is a graduate assistant and this interview does not resolve the difficulty, the student may then go to the faculty member in charge of the course (regular faculty member or director of the course sequence) with the problem.
B.If the grading dispute is not resolved in step A, the student may appeal to the department chair or other appropriate chair of the area within the department (if any). The department chair may confer with the instructor to handle the problem. Step B applies only in departmentalized colleges.
C.If these discussions are not adequate to settle the matter to the complainant’s satisfaction, the student may then confer with the dean of the college concerned (or the dean-designate), who will review the case. If unresolved, the dean or designate may refer the case to the college academic grievance hearing committee to review the case formally. In most instances, however, the grievance procedure does not go beyond this level.

Formal. The following procedure takes place after steps A, B, and C (or A and C) have been completed.

D.Each college has on file in the office of the dean (and in each department of the college) the procedures and composition of the undergraduate or graduate academic grievance hearing committee for student grievances. Each college committee shall operate under grievance procedures as stated which satisfy due process requirements. The committee shall always meet with the student and the instructor in an attempt to resolve the differences. At the conclusion of the hearing, the committee shall send its recommendations to the dean.
E.Final action in each case will be taken by the dean after full consideration of the committee’s recommendation. Grade changes, if any are recommended, may be made by the dean. The dean shall inform the student, instructor, department chair (if any), the registrar, and the grievance committee of any action taken.

Repeating Courses. An undergraduate course taken at ASU may be repeated for credit if the grade of “D,” “E,” or “W” or a mark of “X” is received. Undergraduate courses in which grades of “D” or “E” are received may be repeated only once. After an undergraduate student repeats 100- and 200-level courses, the student’s transcript shows both grades, but the student’s cumulative GPA reflects only the higher grade. After an undergraduate student repeats 300- or 400-level courses, the student’s cumulative GPA and the transcript reflect both grades.

After completing the course, the student must file a Deletion Form with the Office of the Registrar. To be eligible for the deletion of “D” or “E” grades, the course must be repeated at ASU. Students who have graduated are not eligible to delete the grade for a course taken before the award of the ASU bachelor’s degree.

This policy does not apply to seminar and independent study courses with different content each semester. This policy affects only undergraduate students and undergraduate courses.

Demonstration of Mastery. An undergraduate student who receives a “D” in a course in which a “C” or higher is required may use the grade from an equivalent course taken elsewhere to demonstrate mastery at the “C” or higher level. However, the course may neither be transferred to ASU (since credit has already been given for the course) nor computed in the student’s GPA.

Midterm Report. Instructors are required to evaluate students at midterm for academic progress. A student who has been evaluated for a “D” or “E” at midsemester receives a midterm report. The midterm “D” and “E” grades are not recorded on the student’s permanent record. Midterm reports are mailed to the student’s local address of record.

Final Grades. Grades may be viewed online at www.asu.edu/registrar or accessed through InTouch at 602/350–1500.

Records Hold. The Office of the Registrar enforces a financial records hold or administrative hold on the records of a student when an outstanding financial obligation or disciplinary action has been reported.

When a hold is placed on a record, the following results may occur:

  1. No official or unofficial transcript is issued.
  2. Registration privileges are suspended.
  3. Other student services may be revoked.

The hold remains effective until removed by the initiating office. It is the student’s responsibility to clear the conditions causing the hold.

Transcripts. The Office of the Registrar releases official transcripts only upon the written request of the student. The request must include the following information:

  1. the student’s name and former name(s);
  2. the student ID number;
  3. the date of birth; and
  4. the dates of attendance.

The request for official transcript form is available online at www.asu/edu/registrar/forms.

The Office of the Registrar does not issue a transcript if the student has a financial records hold. The student must supply a specific address if the transcript is to be mailed. The fee for an official transcript for a student not enrolled is $5.00 for the first copy. Additional copies ordered at the same time are $1.00 each. The fee is $1.00 per copy for a student enrolled for a current or future semester.

Unofficial transcripts may be requested in person at the Office of the Registrar, any registrar site, or by mail or fax 602/965–2295 if a signed release is enclosed. There is no charge for an unofficial transcript.

All in-person transcript requests require presentation of photo identification. Requests are not accepted from third parties without a written release from the student. For information on parental access to records, see “Access to Records.”


Class Standing. Hours earned determine class standing.

   Hours Earned
Freshman   24 or fewer hours earned
Sophomore   25–55 hours earned
Junior   56–86 hours earned
Senior   87 or more hours earned
Graduate   Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution

Academic Good Standing. Academic good standing for degree-seeking students for the purpose of retention is defined as follows:

Total Earned Hours
   Minimum Cumulative GPA
24 or fewer   1.60
25–55   1.75
56 or more   2.00

A student who does not maintain the minimum GPA standard is placed on academic probation or is disqualified. A student on academic probation is in conditional good standing and is permitted to enroll. A student who has been disqualified is not in academic good standing and is not permitted to enroll for fall or spring semesters.

To transfer from one college to another within the university or to be eligible for readmission, a student must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher. The GPA determining good standing is computed on courses taken only at ASU.

For purposes of retention or transfer, an individual college may set higher GPA standards; otherwise, the university standards prevail. See the college sections of this catalog or contact the college deans’ offices for statements regarding college retention standards.

Meeting Basic Competencies. New students are required to have completed a specific number of courses in the areas of American history, English, laboratory science, mathematics, and social science. Students who are exempt from these requirements include transfer students with 36 or more transferable semester hours, students admitted by GED, and students who are 22 years of age or older by the first day of the semester. An admitted student who needs to meet competencies in one or more of these areas must satisfy the requirement within one year of the beginning of the student’s first semester at ASU. Subject competencies in each area may be met by earning a grade of “D” or higher at ASU in an appropriate course(s) as listed in the “Basic Competencies” table.

Basic Competencies

   ASU Courses That May Be Used to Meet Basic Competencies
American history   Any one course: HIS 103, 104
English   Any one course: ENG 101, 105, 107; WAC 101, 107
Fine arts   Any undergraduate three-semester-hour course offered in the College of Fine Arts.
Foreign language   Student must complete through the 102 course level of any foreign language course.
Laboratory science*
   Chemistry   Any one course: CHM 101, 113, 117
   Earth sciences   Any numbered selection:
      1.GLG 101 and 103
      2.GPH 111
   Life sciences   Any numbered selection:
      1.BIO 100, 113, 120, 181, 182, 201
      2.PLB 108
   Physics   Any numbered selection:
      1.AST 111 and 113
      2.AST 112 and 114
      3.PHS 110
      4.PHY 101
      5.PHY 105
      6.PHY 111 and 113
      7.PHY 112 and 114
      8.PHY 121 and 122
      9.PHY 131 and 132
Mathematics   Any one course: MAT 106, 114, 117, 119, 170, 210, 260, 270, 290
Social science   Any one course: ASB 102; ECN 111, 112; GCU 102, 121, 141; HIS 100, 101, 102; PGS 101; POS 101, 110, 120, 150, 160; SOC 101

*The laboratory science requirement is designed to demonstrate competency in two separate laboratory science areas. Therefore, for example, if one lab science competency has already been met in life sciences either through high school course work, the ATP biology achievement test, or college course work, the second lab science course must be selected from chemistry, earth sciences, or physics.

Appealing Basic Competencies. A student who has not met all basic competencies at the end of one calendar year after the student’s initial date of enrollment is not permitted to continue at ASU. Each student is notified that he or she may not register or, if already registered, that the registration has been canceled.

A student wishing to appeal the dismissal should submit a petition through his or her college. The colleges have three options in reviewing these appeals:

  1. extending the student’s end semester to allow one additional semester to complete the required course work;
  2. allowing the student to substitute a course not currently approved to fulfill a competency area when an error has been made in advising or for other just causes; or
  3. denying the petition.

College actions are forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

Dean’s List. Undergraduate students who earn 12 or more graded semester hours (“A,” “B,” “C,” “D,” or “E”) during a semester in residence at ASU with a GPA of 3.50 or higher are eligible for the Dean’s List. A notation regarding Dean’s List achievement appears only on the final grade report available online at www.asu.edu/registrar.

Satisfactory Academic Progress. The university is required to publish and enforce standards of satisfactory academic progress for certain students (e.g., student athletes, students receiving financial aid, and students receiving veterans benefits).

Certification of satisfactory progress for student athletes is verified by the academic advisor and the dean’s designee for certifying satisfactory progress. Certification of satisfactory progress for students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits is verified by Student Financial Assistance or the Veterans Services Section respectively. Students should contact their advisors or the appropriate office for additional information on satisfactory progress requirements.

Student Academic Complaints. If a student is dissatisfied with the instruction received in a class or with the interaction with the instructor of the class, the student may pursue the following avenues in the order listed:

  1. The student may discuss the complaint with the instructor of the class.
  2. If the issue is not resolved at this level, the student may contact the chair of the department in which the course is offered.
  3. If further discussion or appeal is needed, the student may contact the dean of the college in which the course is offered.

Probation. A student’s college assumes responsibility for enforcing academic standards and may place any student on probation who has failed to maintain good standing as previously defined. For purposes of probation and retention, an individual college may set higher GPA standards. A student on academic probation is required to observe any rules or limitations the college may impose as a condition for retention.

Disqualification. A student who is placed on probation at the end of a semester is subject to disqualification by the college at the end of the following semester if the conditions imposed for retention are not met.

Disqualification is exercised at the discretion of the college and becomes effective on the first day of the semester following college action. A disqualified student is notified by the dean of the college or the Office of the Registrar and is not allowed to register in a fall or spring semester at the university until reinstated. A student who has been disqualified may appeal to the college standards committee. A student who is disqualified may not attend as a nondegree student.

Reinstatement. If a student with a GPA of 2.00 or greater has been disqualified by one college and seeks to transfer to another college at ASU, the student may apply at the Readmissions Section (SSV B114) or directly to the college to which the student wishes and is qualified to transfer.

To be reinstated into an ASU college other than the disqualifying college, the student must submit an application for reinstatement to the University Undergraduate Admissions Board through the Readmissions Section of the Office of the Registrar.

To be reinstated into the same college from which the student was disqualified, the student must submit an application for reinstatement to the disqualifying college. When reinstatement includes readmission, application must be made to the Readmissions Section of the Office of the Registrar.

Reinstatement Appeals. A student wishing to appeal the decision of the standards committee of a college may submit an appeal to the University Undergraduate Admissions Board. The decision of the board is final.

Academic Integrity. The highest standards of academic integrity are expected of all students. The failure of any student to meet these standards may result in suspension or expulsion from the university or other sanctions as specified in the University Student Academic Integrity Policy. Violations of academic integrity include, but are not limited to, cheating, fabrication, tampering, plagiarism, or facilitating such activities. The University Student Academic Integrity Policy is available from the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost and from the deans of the individual colleges.

Suspension or Expulsion for Academic Dishonesty. All decisions relating to expulsion or suspension that are concerned with academic dishonesty are the sole prerogative of the dean of the school or college in which the student has been admitted. These decisions of suspension or expulsion can be appealed in accordance with established university procedures. Application for reinstatement may be made to any of the academic units within the university after the specified period of suspension. Merely having remained in a suspended status for a period of time does not, in itself, constitute a basis for reinstatement.


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, sets forth the requirements governing the protection of the privacy of the educational records of students who are or have been in attendance at ASU.


Eligible Student. For the purpose of this act, an eligible student is defined as any individual formally admitted to and enrolled at ASU or the parents of a dependent eligible student. Dependency is defined by Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.

Record. The term record includes any information or data recorded in any medium, including, but not limited to, handwriting, print, tapes, film, microfilm, microfiche, and electronic means.

Types of Information

Educational Record. The term educational record refers to those records directly related to a student and maintained by an educational institution. Two types of educational records are subject to the provisions of this act: (1) directory information and (2) personally identifiable information. The term does not include those records specifically excluded by Section 99.3 of the privacy act.

Directory Information. The term directory information includes the following student information: name, local and permanent addresses, local telephone number, date and place of birth, citizenship, residency status, academic level, major field of study, college of enrollment, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, and the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student.

Personally Identifiable Information. The term personally identifiable information includes the name of a student’s parent or other family member(s), a personal identifier such as the student’s Social Security number, a list of personal characteristics, or other information that would make the student’s identity easily traceable and any information, including directory information, that the student has indicated not to be released.

Access to Records

An eligible student or a parent of a dependent eligible student may inspect and review the student’s educational records. Some form of photo identification must be displayed before access to educational records is allowed.

Directory information may be released to anyone without consent of the student unless the student has indicated otherwise. Students may request that this information not be released by completing a form in the Office of the Registrar. A request to withhold this information excludes the student from being listed in the annual directory only if the request is submitted to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the third week of the fall semester.

All other educational records that contain personally identifiable information may not be released without the written consent of the student. A parent of a dependent student may challenge denial of such access by producing the most current copy of Internal Revenue Form 1040. If that form lists the student in question as a dependent, the parent is required to sign an affidavit that affirms that the student is his or her dependent. The affidavit is retained by the Office of the Registrar. Upon receipt of the affidavit, the university makes student records available to the parent for the rest of that calendar year as specified under the Buckley Amendment.

Students may grant access to parents or agencies by completing a form in the Office of the Registrar.

Location of Policy and Records

The custodian of Educational Records at ASU is the Office of the Registrar. Copies of this policy are available in the following offices: Reserve sections of Hayden Library and the Noble Science and Engineering Library, the Office of the Registrar, Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions, and Student Life. The Office of the Registrar also maintains a directory that lists all education records maintained on students by ASU.

Back to Top

1998–99 General Catalog Table of Contents

Page Last Updated:
ASU Disclaimer